Minutes of March 10, 2010
FNA Board Meeting
Board Members Present: Jeff Alden, Ellen Berner, Meg Cowden (new Board appointee), John Finlayson, Robin LeVine, Nick Mark, Linda Romine, Erle Savage, Lynn Steele, Steve Young,
Minutes from the February 10 FNA meeting were approved.
- Approval, by a vote of 8-0, to appoint Meg Cowden to the FNA Board to finish Bill Kerker’s term.
- Approval, by a vote of 8-1, to plant a large tree with a spade (cost $1,800) by Kerker and Associates as a memorial to past FNA Board member Tom Broder. Planting will take place at an event on Saturday, May 15 or May 22, 2010 and will be publicized in the May FNN and e-news. Friends of Fulton funds will be used to pay for the tree.
- Approval, by a vote of 9-0, of NRP Plan Modification #11 for a total of $21,724.15. The plan modification moves funds from NRP Phase I Strategies 1, 19, 20, 34 and Phase II strategy 6.9 to Phase II Strategy 7.10.b (Coordination & Support) for administrative purposes. The modification also includes a minor language change, removing the word “youth” from Phase II Strategy 2.5 “Youth Projects at Pershing Park.”
- Approval, by a vote of 9-0, to participate in a partnership with SWAC, LHiNC, MPRB and Hennepin County to fund irrigation of the soccer and baseball fields at Pershing Park. A commitment is still needed from Hennepin County. If the initiative moves forward, FNA has agreed to provide $3,500 in funds toward the project.
- The Board discussed controls on Friends of Fulton funds and the role of the NRP Committee. Rhea will send the NRP Charter to the Board for their review. The consensus seemed to be that Friends of Fulton funding decisions should come straight to the Board, rather than going through the NRP Committee.
- President Steve Young distributed copies of the Peace Child musical video. Doug Stewart returned $705.55 from his Arts Committee grant to FNA.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Rhea Sullivan, Neighborhood Coordinator