This fall, Fulton Neighborhood Association (FNA) is launching a community grant program. Organizations and individuals operating or based in Fulton neighborhood are eligible to receive a $500-$2,000 grant to support projects and programs that either focus on youth education or enhanced community engagement.
Please click on the following links to download the Grant Guidelines and Grant Application.
Grant submission deadline is Dec. 31. Grantees will be announced on Jan. 15 and grant funds distributed soon thereafter. A maximum of three grants will be awarded for the 2015 calendar year. The FNA is confident this grant program will further strength and enrich the Fulton community in new and exciting ways.
The wait is almost over…the annual Fulton Fall Festival will be here on Sat., Sept. 13!
Join us down at Pershing Park from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lots of family friendly activities, good food, great music, the Silent Auction, the Marketplace and lots of other fun things to do.
On the Stage:
11 a.m. The Wrong Omar
1 p.m. Folk and Thieves
We have lots of fabulous items up for bid at the Silent Auction including:
- 8 VIP passes (2 sets of 4) to the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Mathnasium: The Math Learning Center Gift Basket (Value $500)
- Beautiful Artisan Gifts from The Linden Tree
- Two gift cards toward the cost of sewing classes, 1 for adult, 1 for kids/teens
- Mug designed by Lori Ann Yang of Mammaste ($14)
- Sewing Basket including the newest Joel Dewberry fabric print ($29.75)
- Full Apron featuring Amy Butler pattern and “Treasure Box, Ocean & Sparkle, Midnight” fabric ($48)
- Kate Spade (value $328) and Doone & Bouke (value$198) handbags
- Southwest Community Education Summer Programs Gift Certificates
- Room no. 3, Lovely Products and Gift Certificate
- Party with friends at COS Bar
- Fine wines and local beers
- Gift Certificates to all our favorite restaurants
- Basket of the best products from LUSH
- Home Grown Foods Delivery Service: 1 week trial of Home Grown dinner kits delivery 4 dinners for 4
Click here to see the whole schedule of events and activities.
See you on the 13th!
It takes many volunteers to make an event like the Fulton Fall Festival happen. Please consider helping out in your neighborhood and volunteer for a two hour. Shifts available at the ticket table, inflatables, food service, etc. Each volunteer will receive four free tickets ($4) to use anywhere at the festival. Please see our online sign-up to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084ba4a822aa8-fulton2
The Fulton Fall Festival is coming on Sept. 13 and we could use your help! It takes a lot of volunteer effort to pull off a large event like our Fall Festival and we hope that you will consider volunteering for a shift selling tickets, watching the inflatables area, working the food tent, etc. Please see our online sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084ba4a822aa8-fulton2 and sign up for a shift (or two!).
We are once again partnering with Lynnhurst neighborhood and hosting our annual neighborhood-wide garage sales!
Sat., Sept. 20
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., rain or shine
A $5 registration fee will include a group ad in the Star Tribune and your listing on sale maps.
If you would like to host a sale, mail registration and fee (checks made payable to Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association) to:
Mary Vander Leest
4653 Aldrich Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55419
Questions? Call Mary at 612.827.5132
Registration must include:
* Your name and phone number (it won’t be published, but just in case there are questions)
* Address of the sale
* Location of the sale: Front, Back, Alley or Driveway
* In five words or less, a description of your sale (e.g. kids gear, general household, sporting goods, etc.)
Deadline to register: Sept. 9
Fulton Fall Festival Silent Auction
Saturday, Sept. 13
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Last year more than 1,500 Fulton residents took part in the Annual Fulton Fall Festival to celebrate our community. Together, we enjoyed live music, great food, tons of activities for the kiddos and a silent auction filled with AWESOME items — all of which reflect the richness of our unique neighborhood and local businesses. The silent auction is a great way to showcase what Fulton and the community at large have to offer while raising money for important projects that enhance our neighborhood.
Please help us continue the tradition!
Support our 2014 Fulton Festival Silent Auction by contributing an item, service, event tickets, night at a hotel/cabin, gift certificates, etc. Click here for more information and to learn how to donate.
December 7, 2013
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lynnhurst Community Center
1345 W Minnehaha Pkwy
Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association will be hosting a Holiday Boutique on Sat., Dec. 7. This event supports local artists and offers them a no-cost opportunity to show and sell their unique goods. It also offers local residents a chance to support small, independent artisans while shopping with their friends and neighbors. The Boutique will feature artists from Kenny, Armatage, Lynnhurst, Fulton, Linden Hills, Tangletown, East Harriet, Kingfield and more!
Are you interested in serving as an election judge, or do you know someone who is? Election judges are essential to a successful Election Day. They are the officials that staff local polling places, administer election procedures, and ensure that the rights of voters are protected on Election Day. Serving as an election judge provides an opportunity to learn about the elections process and is a great service to our community.
Although hundreds of people are already signed up to be election judges, Minneapolis is still in need of several hundred
more judges to staff up for Election Day. Election judges open and close the polls, register and sign in voters, distribute and collect ballots, operate voting equipment, and record and certify vote totals.
To be an election judge, you must be:
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota.
- Willing to attend a two-hour training class
- Able to work either a full day (6 a.m. – 9 p.m.) or a part-time shift (6 a.m. – 2 p.m. or 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.) on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
Minneapolis City Council Ward 13 Candidate Forum
Neighborhoods: livability, vitality and future investments
Tues., Oct. 22
7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Burroughs Community School
1601 W. 50th St.
If you have specific questions for the candidates, please contact Beth Forsythe at email@example.com.
Armatage Neighborhood Association
East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association
Fulton Neighborhood Association
Kenny Neighborhood Association
Linden Hills Neighborhood Council
Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association
West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
Shop 85 sales!
Saturday only, Sept. 21, 9am-4pm
Rain or shine
Download map and list of sale addresses here or hard copies available Saturday at:
- · Lynnhurst Community Center (50th & Minnehaha Pkwy)
- · Pershing Park Community Center (3523 W. 48th St.)
f: front yard b: back yard a: alley