The Racial Equity Committee is focused on increasing equity within the Fulton neighborhood by ensuring the FNA adopts equitable practices for all community members, engaging with neighbors and building understanding through education and connection. The Racial Equity Committee support policies that address systemic inequities on a local level.
What we do
- Create Minneapolis’s yearly Equitable Engagement plan so that we can continue to receive neighborhood funding
- Support Free Little Libraries by providing quarterly donations of books by BIPOC authors and with diverse storylines
- Coordinate 3-4 story strolls during the summers at Pershing Park with associated activities. For example, in 2022 we held a food drive for The Aliveness project.
- Table at the Fulton Farmer’s Market. We host different activities each time we table: celebrating Juneteenth, interactive activities about Minneapolis budget, and Free Little Library pop ups
- this section is a work in progress – check back for more updates on our work
Want to get involved?
We could use your support! Whether you want to help with one event, join our committee meetings, or have an idea you’d like help implementing, we’d love to hear! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.