The METRO E Line (https://www.metrotransit.org/e-line-project) is an arterial bus rapid transit (BRT) line that will upgrade and substantially replace Route 6, an important route in southwest Minneapolis and one of Metro Transit’s highest ridership routes. The E Line is planned to be built starting in 2024 – 2025 but now is the time to comment, if you’d like your voice heard on this issue. Metro Transit is seeking public comment on station locations now through October 31, 2021.
Per Metro Transit’s plan, the goals of the E Line project are to:
• provide faster, more reliable transit trip times in the Route 6 corridor
• improve transit experience at stops and on vehicles
• expand equitable access to destinations
• provide efficient connections to the existing and planned transit network.
Planned Rapid Transit Stations in Fulton:
BRT stations are larger and feature shelters with lights and heaters, benches, ticket machines and fare card validators and trash/recycling bins. Below are links to the three proposed station locations in Fulton with drawings and invitations to comment on each:
France & 47th St. (www.metrotransit.org/France-47th-Street)
France & 50th St. (www.metrotransit.org/France-50th-Street)
France & 54th St. (www.metrotransit.org/France-54th-Street)
Metro transit is currently seeking feedback on proposed E Line station locations through October 31, 2021. There are several ways to comment on the plan:
• Review the plan and take the Metro Transit E Line Draft Corridor Survey (www.surveymonkey.com/r/METRO-Eline)
• Email comments to ELine@metrotransit.org
• Call Customer Relations at 612-373-3333
If you wish to comment on issues not relevant to transfer stations please email: ELine@metrotransit.org
Comments are closed.