In this uncertain time, we have gathered a lot of resource information and consolidated them into categories (below). Please check back as we will update these listings as new information becomes available.
- Health Questions Hotline: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903
This hotline is staffed by the MN Department of Health and will be operating from 7AM-7PM.
- Centers for Disease Control
- Minnesota Department of Health
- COVID-19 Testing Website from the MN Department of Health provides easy access to Minnesotans’ closest testing site, offers general information related to the COVID-19 outbreak, and provides an interactive screening tool to help Minnesotans determine if they need a test.
- Coping With COVID-19 from the MN Department of Human Services: webpage with a number of mental health resources regarding COVID-19. The resources include: coping help, peer support, crisis support, rural and farm support and suggestions for reducing stress and anxiety.
Government Response, Support and Emergency Plans
- Minnesota Stay at Home Order
- Minnesota health plans waive co-pays and cost sharing for COVID-19 treatment
- City of Minneapolis COVID-19
- Hennepin County COVID-19
Financial Information and Support
- Federal Stimulus Package
- City of Minneapolis gap funding for renters, small businesses and workers
- Unemployment Benefits
- Special Enrollment for MNsure (until April 21)
- Federal Tax Deadlines extended until July 15
- State Tax Deadlines extended until July 15
- Federal Student Loan payments and interest waived
If You Need Immediate Help
- Hennepin County Emergency Programs
- Metro Mobility delivering groceries and goods to certified riders
Resources for Housing and Renters
- Governor Walz has signed an Executive Order to suspend eviction proceedings during the COVID-19 peacetime emergency
- Assistance for those experiencing homelessness
- Renter Resources
Resources for Employers and Small Businesses
- City of Minneapolis COVID-19 information for small businesses
- Information for Employers and Businesses
- Small Business Administration Loans
- MN Small Business Emergency Loan Program
- Water: The City has suspended water meter shut-off until at least mid- April, and then will re- evaluate at that time
- Centerpoint Energy
- Metro Transit COVID-19
- Hennepin County Services (libraries, service center, tax information, etc.)
- Minneapolis Parks and Rec
- All recreation centers and program buildings are closed to the public, and all classes, programs, pools, beaches and events are canceled through August 31.
- Lake Harriet Parkway is now closed to vehicular traffic and open to pedestrian-only traffic to allow social distancing while recreating and exercising.
- Parkway roads will be dedicated to two-way pedestrian traffic.
- Walking paths will be dedicated to two-way pedestrian traffic.
- Bike paths will remain bike paths in their current direction, if applicable.
- Community Mitigation Questions Hotline: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504
This hotline can address any school, child care, and business questions. It is staffed by the MN Departments of Education and Human Services, and will be operating from 7AM-7PM.
- Minneapolis Public Schools meals for students
- Minneapolis Public Schools learning resources
- Meals on Wheels
- Minneapolis food shelves
- United Way support
- Safe grocery shopping and food storage
How YOU Can Help
- Support your local small businesses
- Collect Needed Medical Supplies
- Protective face wear – N95 or N100 respirators, PAPRs and surgical masks
- Nitrile gloves
- Tyvek covera
- Tyvek foot covers
- Eye protection (wrap arounds or chemical splash)
Items may be dropped off at Southdale Library (7001 York Ave S, Edina)