Based on feedback from the 2021 Fulton Neighborhood Survey, the Racial Equity Committee has created a Spheres of Influence Workbook. This workbook is designed to help you
understand what racism is, where it shows up, and what is in your power to help create racial equity. Once complete, you will walk away with ideas and resources to understand the role you can uniquely play to help build a more just society for all. You can find this workbook on our Racial Equity page. Stay tuned for more information about a live workshop this summer!
This survey identified top 5 areas of interest. The Racial Equity Committee will work to ensure our actions this year address these themes.
Top 5 Areas of Interest:
• Individual Accountability: Learning about what individual actions residents can take to improve racial equity in the Fulton neighborhood and beyond.
• Housing: More information and focus on the impacts of racial covenants, redlining and how we can take steps to repair the impacts of those racist policies today.
• Systems of Power: Learn how economic, criminal justice, education, and public policies continue to impact communities of color.
• Diversity, Inclusivity & Belonging: How to create a more welcoming environment that attracts more racially and economically diverse neighbors and where all neighbors feel a sense of acceptance.
• Public Safety & Policing: More conversations about reimagining public safety. What role can Fulton residents play in ensuring that all neighbors feel safe, supported and that people’s needs are met.